Last Friday, Sunnyside Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez kicked off a fundraising drive for local organizations in her district.
Her re-election campaign raised $82,000 in just three days.
“These organizations are providing invaluable support to NY-14’s families,” she said. “We are so grateful for their work, and we are proud to support them in lieu of our traditional end of the quarter fundraising.”
These six groups received funds:
- Hungry Monk Services – supports unhoused New Yorkers, operates a mobile food pantry, delivers food to people in Queens
- Jewish Community Council of Pelham Parkway – Bronx food pantry that serves everyone, provides rent assistance
- Amazonians United NYC – supports Amazon workers exposed to COVID-19 in the warehouse
- NYSYLC’s COVID-19 Emergency Fund – gives cash assistance to undocumented families in NYC whose livelihoods have been impacted by decline in street vending and layoffs in domestic and service industries
- New York Immigrant Freedom Fund – pays immigration bonds to release people from detention
- Make the Road NY’s COVID-19 Response & Emergency Fund – providing direct cash assistance to 4,000 families in next few weeks