Councilman Jimmy Van Bramer unveiled the list of winners for this year’s participatory budgeting process last Friday at Woodside Library.
In District 26, 5,125 residents voted for their top projects, an increase from 3,600 last year. Altogether, Van Bramer funded six total projects, adding up to $1.88 million in funding.
Here are the 2017 winners:
- 2,796 votes: Mobile laptops and carts for Academy of American Studies, Aviation High School, PS 12, PS 111, PS 112, PS 76 and PS 166 ($700,000)
- 2,521 votes: Bathroom repairs and upgrades for PS 112, PS 12 and PS 199 ($450,000)
- 1,831 votes: Water fountain installations at PS 112 ($80,000)
- 1,636 votes: Expansion of Teen Space and technology upgrade at Woodside Library ($150,000)
- 1,471 votes: Bus time countdown clocks ($200,000)
- Bonus Project: Auditorium upgrades at PS 111 and PS 166 ($300,00))
Congratulations to all of the winners!